In addition to credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, money orders and electronic checks, Walmart.com accepts PayPal as a form of online payment. Although Walmart doesn't support any in-store PayPal payment applications, customers can use a PayPal debit card in physical Walmart stores or use PayPal funds to buy a Walmart gift card.
Using PayPal at Walmart.com
To use PayPal funds for online purchases, follow these steps:
Video of the Day
- When you're ready to pay, click the cart icon in the right-hand corner of the screen. Choose Check Out.
- Choose Sign In or Create a New Account. Choose your preferred shipping option and verify your shipping address.
- Under Select Payment Method, click on the PayPal icon and select Proceed to PayPal. Walmart will redirect you to the PayPal login screen.
- Use your credentials to log in to PayPal and choose a PayPal payment method. Click Continue.
- PayPal.com will redirect you back to the Walmart.com website. Review your transaction and select Place Order.
Using PayPal at Walmart
While some retailers allow customers to pay through a PayPal in-store payment service, Walmart does not offer this option as of publication. However, there are other ways to use PayPal at Walmart stores.
PayPal Debit Card
If you're set on using PayPal in brick and mortar Walmart stores, consider applying for a PayPal Debit Card. The PayPal debit card debits from your PayPal account just like a bank debit card debits from your checking account. There are no fees to use the debit card and users can earn 0.5 percent cash back on purchases. It usually takes about two weeks to one month after your application to receive a debit card from PayPal.
Walmart Gift Cards
Alternatively, you can use your PayPal account funds to buy a Walmart gift card from Walmart.com. Walmart offers gift cards in $5, $10, $25, $50 and $100 increments as of publication. There's no additional fee attached to the gift card and shipping is free for orders over $50. If you'd rather not wait to have it shipped, you can purchase an e-gift card from Walmart.com, print out the card and present the printout to the cashier to use in store.