It doesn't matter where we are in our careers, from time to time we all need a little motivation and a little inspiration — a nudge in the right direction. Luckily, many people have felt this way before, and even more luckily many people have put that feeling into words.
Video of the Day
So without further ado, here are 12 quotes to help you take your career to the next step. Take a risk, take a chance, and keep that dream in motion.
- "Risk something, or forever sit with your dreams." – Herb Brooks
- "There is no passion to be found in playing small — in settling for a life that is less than you are capable of living." – Nelson Mandela
- "The most difficult thing is the decision to act. The rest is merely tenacity." – Amelia Earhart
- "Don't lament so much about how your career is going to turn out. You don't have a career, you have a life. Do the work. Keep the faith." – Cheryl Stayed
- "Begin somewhere. You cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do." – Liz Smith
- "No one discovers you until you do. Exploit your talents, skills and strengths and make the world sit up and take notice." – Rob Liano
- "Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th." – Julie Andrews
- "Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going." – Sam Levenson
- "You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." – Albert Einstein
- "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." – Milton Berle
- "It's never too late to be what you might have been." — George Eliot
- "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." – Beverly Sills