How to Fill Out an Oregon Quit Claim

Step 1

Place your name on the quit claim deed as the grantor of the property. Include all owners if no share will be retained by any of the names on title.

Step 2

Write the name of the person who is receiving the property in the space for the grantee. Include the address where the deed can be mailed after filing.

Step 3

Write the amount of money paid for the property, if any, as a consideration for the transfer. If your quit claim transaction does not include the exchange of funds, write a zero.

Step 4

Add the address and complete legal description of the real estate being transferred. You can find this information on your property tax bill or visit the county recorder's office and ask for it.

Step 5

Sign and date the quit claim deed in the presence of a notary public, who formally witnesses your signature. All grantors must sign, but the grantee is not required to do so.

Step 6

File your deed at the Oregon county recorder's office in the jurisdiction where the real estate is located.

Step 7

Pay the appropriate fees to complete the transaction. The amount required varies by Oregon county. However, as of this publication date, filing fees are under $50 for the first page and approximately $5 for each subsequent page, if any.