How to Change Your Address With Credit Agencies

It isn't necessary to update your address with the credit bureaus when you move to a new residence. Instead, submit this information to your creditors. When they send monthly reports about your credit activities to the bureaus, they will include your updated address. It may take 30 days for the bureaus to receive the information and update your records. Consider checking your credit reports from the bureaus after 30 days to ensure they contain the correct address. You can file a dispute with the companies to change any errors.


Filing a Dispute With Experian

To file a dispute online, click "Contact Us" on Experian's home page, then select "Disputing Information on My Credit Report." Call the number on the report to file by phone. To file by mail, write to P.O. Box 4500, Allen, Texas 75013.


Video of the Day

Filing a Dispute With Equifax

To file by mail, write to Equifax Information Services LLC, P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta, Georgia 30374. List the error in your letter and include a copy of your credit report with the error highlighted. To file online, click "Contact Customer Care Representative" on Equifax's home page, and click the link in the "Dispute Information in My Credit Report" section on the next page.


Updating Information With TransUnion

To update your address or file a dispute by mail, send a letter to TransUnion LLC, Consumer Disclosure Center, P.O. Box 1000, Chester, Pennsylvania 19022. To file online, click the "Credit Disputes, Alerts and Freezes" tab on TransUnions's home page and "File an Online Dispute" on the following page.