How to Place a Lien on a Property in New Jersey

How to Place a Lien on a Property in New Jersey
In New Jersey, you fill out a form called a Statement for Docketing to obtain a judgment lien.

Obtain the full mailing address of the debtor. You want to make sure you have the correct mailing address and location of the property. You should go to the property location for inspection. Alternatively, you can do a search of public records. You want to be absolutely sure that he is the owner of the property.

Request a Statement for Docketing form from the Clerk of the Special Civil Part in the county where you initially filed your small claims lawsuit.

Fill in the docket number assigned to your case, as well as the defendant's full name, property address, amount of the debt owed, and your contact information on the Statement for Docketing form.

File the Statement for Docketing form with the Clerk of the Superior Court, Hughes, Justice Complex, PO Box 971, Trenton, NJ 08625. The filing fee is $10 made payable to: Treasurer, State of New Jersey.