Reading about money and success can often be a snooze fest. Between all the numbers, bland business language, and economic acronyms (seriously, what is it with the financial world's obsession with them?), it can be really uninspiring for the every person. Luckily, there are plenty of books available these days that aren't just straight up advice your know-it-all accountant uncle would give you in his boring monotone when you get stuck sitting next to him at family dinner. Here are some books you can read about money and success that aren't totally boring
1. Outliers: The Story Of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
One of my favorite ever books about success and "making it", Malcolm Gladwell writes with an engaging, relatable and witty voice that's never dull. Outliers looks at the circumstances of success, and gives a completely new perspective on the notion.
2. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
This book has not only won a bucketful of awards, but author Daniel Kahneman is also a Nobel Prize winner in Economics. NBD, right? _Thinking, Fast and Slow_ is an entertaining look at decision making when it comes to money, business, and personal life. Considering how our brains work, Kahneman investigates how we think and how that affects our success.
3. The Best Investment Advice I Ever Received: Priceless Wisdom from Warren Buffett, Jim Cramer, Suze Orman, Steve Forbes, and Dozens of Other Top Financial Experts by Liz Claman.
There's nothing boring about practical advice given through lived experiences from some of the world's most impressive financial brains. Told in an accessible voice, there's a lot for financial-noobs to take away from the advice in The Best Investment Advice I Ever Received.
Video of the Day
4. The Up Side of Down: Why Failing Well Is the Key to Success by Megan McArdle
No one ever talks about failure and its relationship to success. You often see someone successful, and are led to believe they "made it" on their first go. Not so! The Up Side of Down includes the stories of doctors, judges, mountain climbers, venture capitalists, and more, all retelling the epic "failures" they faced before they succeeded.
5. Spare Change: How to Save More, Budget and be Happy with Your Finances by Iona Bain
Beyoncé sings about female empowerment through financial independence, and _Spare Change_ is the guide to getting there for young women.
6. The Art Of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help by Amanda Palmer
Amanda Palmer of Dresden Dolls fame is articulate and ruthless when she writes, and _The Art Of Asking_ is no exception. It explores how real courage comes from asking for support when you need it on your path to success.
7. You Are A Badass : How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
If you're looking to own your finances like you're Jackie Chan winning in a fight, this book is for you. Sharp and exciting, _You Are A Badass_ will inspire you to create a life you love.